Do you constantly need to stream videos, either on Facebook, Zoom, Twitch, YouTube, or more? If your work requires the best video quality when live streaming, you will need to use the best camera for streaming to enhance productivity.
- What cameras do streamers use?
- What is the Best Camera for Streaming?
- 1. Best Webcam for Streaming: Logitech C922x Pro
- 2. Best DSLR Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera Bundle
- 3. Best Mirrorless Camera: Sony a7 III ILCE7M3/B Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
- 4. Best for Budget: Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
- 5. Best Compact Camera: Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III
- Why Do You Need the Best Camera for Streaming?
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Camera for Streaming
- What Hardware Can You Use With Your Camera for Live Streaming
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Camera for Streaming
What cameras do streamers use?
Buy On Amazon
What is the Best Camera for Streaming?
While streaming has been around for many years, video quality keeps evolving, thus changing the requirements when buying gadgets and cameras. Simply put, a good camera for streaming improves your appearance by capturing the best image quality through a larger sensor and a clearer lens. It also has connection inputs that are compatible with your computer.
However, when looking for the best cameras, you need to consider how you will use them; it could be for work conferences, video calling your family members, live streaming your gaming, YouTubing, or anything in between. For any of these functions, the requirements are slightly different for video and audio quality.
That said, we will review the best video cameras and webcams you can use when live streaming video. Read on to find the pros and cons of each, why you need a good camera for live streaming, and the features you will have to consider before buying a video camera.
1. Best Webcam for Streaming: Logitech C922x Pro
- Web camera specifically designed and optimized for professional quality video streaming on social...
- Stream and record vibrant, true to life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS. Compatibility...
- Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor sharp, clear video in consistent high...
- Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light correction. Cable...
- 1 - year limited warranty
The best cameras for live streaming need to be easy to install and use for beginners or experienced streamers. As such, this Logitech best camera from streaming is easy to mount on a tripod, a PC monitor, a TV, and so on.
The second best thing about a streaming camera is better resolution; you wouldn't be looking for a camera unless you need better than you already have. This webcam shoots videos and streams them at a 1080p Full HD resolution at 30 fps. If you needed to shoot and stream at even faster speeds, you could use a 720p at 60fps mode. You also get a 78-degree field of view.
Your sound quality makes or breaks your live streaming experience, which is what seals the deal for this camera. It comes with dual microphones that create stereo audio, thus mitigating the need for an external microphone.
Though a bit expensive, this camera is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android, among other operating systems. It also comes with a USP port, automatic light correction, a 5-foot cable, and a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer. In addition, you also get a free 3-month license to use the Xsplit streaming software.
2. Best DSLR Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera Bundle
- This Camera Bundle Kit comes complete with all manufacturer supplied accessories and includes:
- The EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera from Canon has a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor....
- Canon 18-55mm II Lens - a standard zoom compatible with Canon APS-C format cameras. It features a...
- 2 x SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards + Deluxe Padded Camera Case + Flash Light + 3pc Filter Kit +...
- 0.43x Auxiliary Wideangle Lens - it conveniently mounts to the front of your fixed or zoom lens, and...
Suppose you need to live stream something, but your PC camera is awful; you do not have a webcam, but you do have your DSLR camera. The good news, with a few connections, you will be streaming your content, and your audience will be satisfied.
The best DSLR cameras, such as this Canon EOS Rebel T7, come with excellent and interchangeable lenses for the best image quality. This camera comes with Canon's Electro-Optical System software that turns it into a high-quality camera for streaming. In addition, the camera offers streaming through the 24mp CMOS sensor and has built-in Wi-Fi for better connectivity.
You will stream high-quality videos, while the 9-point autofocus system will also improve the quality. When you buy this best streaming camera, you will also get other Canon camera accessories such as an extra lens, memory cards, a tripod, and more.
3. Best Mirrorless Camera: Sony a7 III ILCE7M3/B Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount...
- Up to 10fps silent or mechanical shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery life (Still Images): Approx....
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus sensor: Exmor R...
- In the box: Rechargeable battery (NP FZ100), AC adapter (AC UUD12), shoulder strap, body cap,...
This Sony mirrorless camera is the best camera for streaming by professionals. It can record and shoot high-quality videos simultaneously and works with the best lenses to produce the clearest resolution. This camera also works with Bluetooth, Android, iOS, and it won't overheat when charge it via a USB cable when you are busy.
As a professional camera, this Sony comes with a 24.2-MP5 Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine, plus the front-end LSI for fast performance. About the recording and streaming quality, you will enjoy the 2224p video output that captures every little detail.
The only dealbreakers are that this, like most mirrorless cameras, comes at a high price and requires equally expensive lenses. Additionally, the camera setup is best for experienced streamers only. That said, it is one of the best streaming cameras for people who want to take their live streams to the next level.
4. Best for Budget: Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
- True 720p HD Video - Post true HD video to online video sites.
- 16:9 Widescreen - For cinematic video recording.
- Clear, High Quality Video
- Noise Cancelling Microphone - Crystal-clear audio and built-in unidirectional microphone with...
- Universal Attachment Base - Work on your desktop, laptop, or notebook.
If you are looking for the best camera for streaming but on a tight budget, you can get this Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 for business. It comes with amazing streaming features and a simple plug-and-play mode.
Firstly, it offers 720p at 30 fps to guarantee good image quality. Additionally, it comes with a noise-canceling microphone so your audience can hear what you share without background noise. Also, it will stream great video quality even when in low-lit areas.
This affordable streaming camera comes with a universal base compatible with your laptop, TV, computer monitor, or notebook. It also has a USB connection and comes with a 16:9 widescreen for the best cinema camera.
5. Best Compact Camera: Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III
- 20.1 Megapixel 1.0” stacked CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor.
- 4.2x optical zoom Lens (24-100mm f/1.8-2.8) with optical image Stabilizer.
- 4K 30P/ FHD 120P video.
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam--Learn more: canon.us/livestream
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a...
A compact camera such as this Canon Powershot G7X Mark III fulfills your streaming needs and effectively eliminates the need to invest in a pricier camera, especially as a beginner. This camera allows you to live stream on many platforms and is very popular in vlogging circles as it comes with high-quality features.
It comes with Canon's EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software for Mac and Windows and offers an incredible resolution of 4K at 30p and with no crop. Additionally, it is easy to set up, and as a compact camera, you won't ever need to change the lenses. It comes with a 24-100mm equivalent lens for good range plus a 3.5mm mic port so you can use your external microphone for the best audio.
The camera also comes with an optical image stabilizer, a great feature for all novice live streamers and photographers.
Why Do You Need the Best Camera for Streaming?
Live streaming may not have been as famous before the Coronavirus pandemic, but after lockdowns and social distances, the world has turned to online platforms to connect. Live streaming is the new norm for you to connect with your loved ones and grow your business and create reliable online followership.
But for your live streaming to pay off, you will need to invest in the best camera for streaming for two reasons.
- If you use live streaming for marketing, you want your audience to see you clearly and hear what you say. For these, the best cameras for live streaming offer high video resolutions and microphones that cancel out background noise.
- The best cameras for live streaming are durable. As long as you invest in the best features, you are sure you can use the camera for many years.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Camera for Streaming
Even as we shared these best cameras for live streaming, there still could be a better quality camera for your needs. In light of that, we will share the most important factors you will need to consider as they apply to any streaming camera.
Before buying your dedicated camera for streaming, consider;
a) Type of camera
Streaming has many forms; you could be going live on a social media platform such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitch, and more, but the reason you do so determines the king of quality you need for your stream. While you can go live to send greetings or video chat with your friends or family with any camera, your needs will be different when you stream for business gains.
What this means is you need to know your streaming requirements, like how good a resolution you need to stream live and your ideal shooting range so your audience can enjoy your content. You can choose any of the following video cameras for streaming.
- Your devices' integrated cameras
- A camcorder
- A DSLR camera
- A mirrorless camera
- A compact camera
b) HD Video Resolution
Before buying any live streaming camera, you need to understand the maximum video resolution you will be working with. For best results, it is better to avoid a resolution lower than 720p, whereas you can opt for as high a resolution as Ultra HD or 4K.
When buying a camera, you will also need to consider how heavy it is and decide how much carrying you will need to do when streaming live. For instance, if you need to stream your gaming sessions, you would probably need to stay put for longer periods, unlike when you could be doing handheld shooting.
d) Camera setup
How to set up your camera for streaming should also inform your buying decision. Understand if your camera can transmit live feeds from HDMI or SDI outputs and how to connect them.
e) Battery life
While looking for the best cameras, make sure to also look for one with a reliable recharging method. Even the best cameras for live streaming don't have very long-lasting batteries, so look for one which you can recharge with a USB adapter as you work.
While recharging your camera, the last thing you need is overheating, which may force your camera to shut off in the middle of your live stream. To prevent this, make sure you can use a dummy battery and an adapter instead of USB charging when you have to stream for long periods.
What Hardware Can You Use With Your Camera for Live Streaming
When you get your best camera for streaming, the next step will be to look for the other hardware you will need to accomplish your job. You may need the following things for the most professional streaming.
- A tripod or a mount. Mounting your camera on a tripod is the best way to ensure your streams are stable, especially when you have to stream long videos.
- A microphone. If your camera supports an external microphone, it is best to use it to guarantee the best audio quality.
- An internet device. An internet connection is vital for good streams. Thus, you will need to ensure you have an internet device to strengthen your internet, especially if you need to shoot outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Camera for Streaming
a) Which is the best resolution for live streaming?
If you want to get the best camera, it is best to look for one with a 4K resolution to produce the best video quality.
b) Can I use any camera to stream?
Not all cameras can handle the demands of streaming quality videos for long periods. Before buying, ensure your camera will not overheat, has HDMI or SDI outputs, and has a good video resolution so you can stream clearly.
c) How do you stream with a camera?
Live streaming depends on the type of camera you use. While DSLR, mirrorless, and compact cameras may require you to download software before you can stream, others like webcams are plug-and-play cameras that start streaming right away.