Gaming chairs are particularly designed for comfort, mostly featuring a full back with adjustable armrests and angles. There's an endless array of ergonomic, affordable chairs for the average-sized gamer, but not so for big and tall gamers. Thankfully, leading manufacturers are also racing to offer the best gaming chair for big guys to help users with large frames.
The best gaming chair for heavy users must accommodate a larger weight first. But it should also be large enough such that you don't feel like a canned sardine when sitting. It's more of a souped-up office chair, with ample seat and backrest, plus extra padding and reinforcement to give you maximum comfort.
With these factors in mind, we present to you the best gaming chairs for big guys you can get in 2021:
- Best Gaming Chair for Big Guys
- What to Look for in The Best Gaming Chair for Big Guys
- Benefits of a Big and Tall Gaming Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions about Big and Tall Gaming Chairs
Best Gaming Chair for Big Guys
1. Best Overall: GTRacing Gaming Chair with Footrest
- Perfect for Gaming: Gtracing is dedicated to make the best gaming chair for pro gamers. Choose us,...
- Ergonomic Design: Strong metal frame designed to help promote a comfortable seated position. Thick...
- Multi Function: Armrest and seat height adjustable; 90 to 170 dgree reclining and rocking; 360...
- High Quality Material: Smooth pu leather, added seat cushion, and lumbar and headrest pillows offer...
- Game and Office: Gtracing gaming chair is an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming....
If you're looking for nothing short of the best big and tall chair out there for users with large frames, this should certainly be top of your list. This is a gaming chair that does it all and does it remarkably well.
It's a pretty huge chair, measuring 20.47×21.26×48.8-52 inches. This gives it a maximum weight capacity of 350lb, which is generally sufficient even for people with large frames. It comes with an adjustable seat height, allowing tall people to find adequate room for their legs. It has a 360° swivel function, handy when you are moving around your setup.
It's a high-quality gaming chair made of PU leather, plus added cushions and pillows for better head and lumbar support. Once you include the solid metal frame, this gaming chair is easily one of the most comfortable you'll find. Furthermore, a 6-point, heavy-duty base provides even more strength to the chair, offering ample support to your back.
It's also every part a rocking chair, allowing for 90°-170° reclining. Most people will like that it locks the seat at any intended position. To cap it off, it comes with a removable headrest and a retractable footrest.
2. Runner's Up: DXRacer Tank Series DOH Big and Tall
- Ergonomic design-- more efficiently and comfortably,Free bonus: headrest cushion & lumbar cushion
- Patent race car seat breathable material: PU
- Extra higher backrest to save neck and spinal, Flexible seat back with adjustment
- 4D Adjustable Arms with adjustment protect shoulders and wrists
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 24-month warranty on parts
DXRacer is well known for its high-quality and well-engineered products, especially the office and gaming chair lineups. The Tank series for large gaming chairs are designed to be bigger when needed.
The first that that stands out about the DOH Big and Tall is its size. It stands 53 inches off the ground, plus a 30 inches wide seat. The seat is sufficiently padded while also featuring two gas cylinder hydraulics, allowing this chair to support big and tall users, even weighing up to 450 pounds.
This gaming chair has a sturdy aluminum frame for added stability. However, people used to softer chairs might have to make a small trade-off for comfort. Unfortunately, the frame can't tilt and lock the chair in a reclined positioned.
The armrests are also fixed in place, which might not appeal to some tall people who like a degree of adjustability. However, you can always count on DXRacer for a durable product, but a tad bit pricey. Either way, this gaming chair comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, plus a 2-year warranty on the parts.
3. Best Budget: FantasyLab Big and Tall
- ★ 【THE MOST COMFORTABLE CHAIR】 - Upgrade your gaming experience with this ergonomically...
- ★ 【EVERY PART IS ADJUSTABLE】- You can adjust every single part of the racing style gaming...
- ★ 【HIGH-SECURITY】- Integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas spring of international...
- ★ 【EXTRA LARGE FOR EXTRA COMFORT】- This grand gaming chair is exceptionally large, and this is...
- ★ 【EXCELLENT AFTER-SALES SERVICE】 - We have updated the install video on YouTube, you can...
If you want a budget gaming chair that has the build quality and dimensions to hold up a large user without falling apart in just a few months, this option from FantasyLab is well worth your consideration.
It's a large gaming chair, measuring 21 inches in width and 20 inches deep. More so, it doesn't have the traditional bolsters on the sides, leaving the entire area to your bottom. It's quite spacious and comfortable to sit in, with a 400-pound max capacity.
Like other gaming chairs for big guys, this one has a large and tall backrest, at 33.5 inches tall. Even the detachable lumbar cushion is pretty big to cushion the entire lower back. Unfortunately, the massage functionality on the pillow is probably just a gimmick since it's more of an annoying vibration than an actual massage.
This gaming chair has excellent adjustability to suit different body sizes and heights. It features a 360-degree swivel, a backrest recline and a rocking lock system that allows 155-degree reclining. It also has wider 3D armrests that move up and down, forwards and backward, as well as pivoting. Additionally, the seat height can be adjusted within 20.5 - 22.8 inches.
4. Widest: AKRacing Masters Series Max
- Extra large size: wide metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with high-density cold-curved...
- Top quality upholstery: PU leather on front and back - Easy to clean and guaranteed to last for at...
- 400 lbs weight capacity: advanced mechanism with adjustable rocking function and lockable tilt...
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
- 4D armrests: adjustable in four directions: up & down, back & forth, in & out, and rotate to the...
This gaming chair packs a 23-inch wide seat without bolsters, which is certainly one of the widest we've seen on the market. It's extremely roomy!
The large sitting area means you can position your legs however you want. Furthermore, with a 180-degree reclining function, you can lean back and relax, say when the game is loading. It also comes with an adjustable headrest and lumbar pillow, both ergonomically designed to offer your desired support and comfort.
The 4D armrests on this gaming chair are built to support your arms, mainly by keeping your hands and wrists in a neutral position. Speaking of support, the Masters Series Max has a remarkably sturdy frame. Its base is made of satin-finished solid aluminum, whereas the upper part is made of steel-treated with an anti-corrosive coating for a prolonged lifespan.
It comes with a cold-cured foam padding in its upholstery. This is covered by strain-resistant PU leather, which gives it a soft, nice feel. You'll also be happy to know there are 5 color schemes to choose from.
5. Best Value: Anda Seat Big and Tall
- ➤ULTIMATE GAMING CHAIR: andaseaT is a leading PC gaming chair manufacturer for pro gamers. All our...
- ➤ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Luxurious racing chair that contours to your shape with thicker high-density...
- ➤FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Adapt your gaming desk chair to suit you with 4D Armrests, offering optimum...
- ➤PREMIUM PVC LEATHER➤ Smooth bonded PVC leather computer desk chair. The high-end quality of...
- ➤LIFETIME FRAMEWORK WARRANTY: Precision manufactured high quality 22mm diameter steel frame is...
This is certainly not the cheapest gaming chair out there, but you can rest assured it will most likely withstand the test of time while providing great comfort throughout its lifespan.
First, this isn't a chair for everyone-specifically built for an ideal height range of 5'9" - 6'9", weighing under 441 pounds. This is arguably the sturdiest, most comfortable and thickly cushioned gaming chair on the market if you fit in that mold. Not to mention you'll have three editions of the chair to choose from- Dark Knight, Dark Wizard and Kaiser.
The frame is made of oversized metal bars to give it maximum stability. The upholstery is made from PVC leather combined with carbon fiber, making it more or less tear-proof. The seat's padding is made of cold foam, giving you the same comfort as memory foam while maintaining its shape better with time.
The external and lumbar pillows are super comfortable. You'll also like the stability of this chair's tilt and recline mechanism, allowing you to lean back to 160 degrees. Plus, you get a lifetime warranty on most parts of this chair.
What to Look for in The Best Gaming Chair for Big Guys
Before making your purchase, it's important to keep an eye out for a couple of factors. Luckily, the process is much more straightforward with a gaming chair than with any other aspect of your setup. Here's what to consider:
This most crucial aspect to check out certainly the maximum weight capacity. The average gaming chair support up to around 250 pounds, usually for the average-sized gamer. Moreover, these chairs are usually shorter and narrower, making them even less suitable for larger gamers.
On the other hand, the best big and tall gaming chairs can hold up over 300 pounds, some up to 400 pounds. Just as key, they also tend to be higher and broader to fit the intended users properly. Generally, we recommend looking for a chair whose maximum weight capacity is around 50 higher than your average weight.
Gaming chairs are vaunted for their adjustability. However, this can be a two-edged sword for big and tall guys since the reclining mechanism can compromise the chair's structural integrity. That being said, it's still important to have this feature since it allows you to lean at different angles for a comfortable posture.
3. Width and Height
As mentioned earlier, average-sized gaming chairs are also too short and narrow to fit a large frame comfortably. A gaming chair for big and tall people normally features a wider seat and a wider/taller seat. Seat dimensions still vary from one big and tall gaming chair to the other, so make sure you have the correct body size measurements before you check out your options.
Big and tall people equally need a gaming chair that can withstand the test of time beyond merely handling more stress. The best gaming chairs come with an interior metallic frame that maintains the shape, plus more padding and cushioning to give maximum comfort. Unfortunately, this means your average gaming big and tall chair tends to be quite heavy.
It's also prudent to check out the product's reviews to ensure that you get a gaming chair that will last. This should help you to filter out brands that might have cut shortcuts in the design or materials.
Benefits of a Big and Tall Gaming Chair
The spine holds up a lot of your body weight. Sitting in a gaming chair trains your body to sit in a healthy posture, taking undue pressure off your back and neck. Plus, your core muscles also grow stronger. These benefits become even more pronounced over time; you'll have improved blood flow, looser limbs and increased vitality.
1. Eliminates back pain: bad posture over long periods puts a lot of strain on the spinal cord, leading to back pain and fatigue, as well as slouching in the long term. Gaming chairs are designed to keep the spinal cord in proper alignment. Just lean back in the backrest to lock into the ideal ergonomic alignment.
2. Eases neck pain: Most people keep their head still when they're sat for long hours, a rigid position that strains the neck and shoulders tremendously. This leads to chronic stiffness. Gaming chairs feature adjustable neck pillows that take the pressure off your neck.
3. Reduces pressure on the hips: The extra thick padding on gaming chair seats reduces undue pressure on your buttocks, hips and thighs. Less pressure leads to improved blood flow to the legs. Better circulation and less muscle strain will more than likely get you going.
4. Performance: Equally important, using a big and tall gaming chair improves your cognitive ability or doesn't get in the way. It's pretty straightforward. If you're experiencing chronic pain, you won't be able to perform at your best. In fact, a couple of studies have shown a tangible correlation between good posture and cognitive performance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Big and Tall Gaming Chairs
1. Can people with smaller or average profiles use big and tall gaming chairs?
It's always best to buy a chair that's proportionate to your height, especially the seat. If it's too big, it might be unstable. However, a standard big and tall gaming chair can accommodate an average-sized person comfortably.
2. How long can I stay seated on a big and tall gaming chair?
Gaming chairs are designed to offer extra support and comfort. Notwithstanding, it's recommended to change your posture as often as practicable. Don't stay in the same position for too long.
Studies show that you get more from frequent short breaks than fewer long ones. It allows some of your muscles to take the strain as others relax.
3. Are gaming chairs hard to set up and move?
Generally, gaming chairs come with instruction manuals for assembly. Some models might be easy and quick to put together, while others might take time, especially those that come with more parts or screws. Heavy-duty gaming chairs are also reasonably heavy, so they can be a bit difficult to move.
4. What is the most optimal sitting position for big and tall guys?
Most gaming chairs for big guys come with multiple adjustment features that ensure your back is supported in different sitting positions. Therefore, the perfect position is really down to your particular preference(s). It's always best to experiment with a couple of different positions until you can find the one that suits you best.