Laptops have become necessary for doing your routine tasks such as checking and sending the email, creating reports, and surfing the web. You don't need an expensive high-end laptop to do the tasks mentioned above. Now you can find the best laptop for under $300.
It's a mistake to think that inexpensive laptops can't give you the superior performance you need to be productive. The hardware components used in today's laptops can handle complex tasks efficiently, and you can even play next-gen games like Pubg and Fortnite smoothly.
With brands releasing laptops every other week, it could be quite confusing which one to get to get your work done efficiently. There are laptops available in the market, offering you quality features and enhanced performance whose prices are in the $300 budget.
You need to look for them so that you end up being more productive in your work. To make a good decision easier, we have made a list of the best laptops under $300 2021. Today, we have carefully reviewed the best laptops so that when you are ready to buy a laptop, you have enough knowledge to get the best machine.
- 1. HP 11 Power - The Best Laptop For Under $300
- 2. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 - The best 2-in-1 laptops under $300
- 3. Asus VivoBook L203MA - Windows laptop Under $300
- 4. Acer Aspire 1 A114-32-C1YA - Best low-budget notebook 300
- 5. CHUWI Hero book Pro - 300 Dollar Laptop
- 6. ASUS L402YA - ASUS laptops under 300
- 7. Microsoft Surface Go - Best touchscreen laptop under 300
- 8. Acer Swift 1 - Acer laptops under 300
- 9. ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop Computer - Lightweight laptop under $300
- 10. Lenovo IdeaPad 320 - Best Laptop 2021 Under 300
1. HP 11 Power - The Best Laptop For Under $300
- Portable and stylish: work and play in style, with a slim, expressive laptop designed to help you...
- Bios recovery and protection: automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against...
- Processor: Intel x5-e8000, quad-core, 1.1 GHz up to 2.7 GHz
- Display: 11.6-Inch diagonal HD SVA antiglare WLED-backlit Display (1366 x 768)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
HP is a popular laptop manufacturing brand that always comes with unique features and caters to many customers. HP Stream 11 is relatively a small and portable laptop that is quite suitable for everyday use. It has a sleek design and bright purple paint job with white keyboard keys. The plastic cover of this laptop leaves no finger marks on it.
It has an 11.6-inch display and a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, which offers sharp picture quality. You will enjoy watching movies on such a sharp screen. At only 2.5 pounds, the HP Stream 11 is a lightweight laptop, and you can take it with you to school and college.
The HP Stream 11 features a 1.6 GHz Intel Celeron N3060 processor, which provides fast performance for performing routine tasks and makes it one of the best laptops under $300. With 4GB RAM, you can quickly run lightweight web development software and won't face lags. This laptop offers great graphics for light gaming with an Intel Graphics 400 processor.
With an average battery life of about 8 hours, you can use this laptop for a long time when surfing the web or editing light photos. The HP Stream 11 is an good laptop for students who need a laptop for less complicated tasks. It has attractive design and compact build make it great to take with you.
2. Acer Chromebook Spin 311 - The best 2-in-1 laptops under $300
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - An operating system by Google that is built for the way we live...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit,...
- Get access to more than 2 million Android apps from Google Play to learn and do more.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an...
- Acer CP311-2H-C679 convertible Chromebook comes with 11.6” HD Touch IPS Display, Intel Celeron...
Chromebooks are very popular nowadays due to their exceptional portability, and now many brands have been launching them. The Acer Chromebook Spin 311 is a 2-in-1 laptop that can easily convert into a tablet for quick access and use. This laptop has an 11.6-inch IPS touchscreen display with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, which offers sharp colors. With a lightweight of 3.3 pounds, this HP laptop is portable and can be taken wherever you want quite easily.
The Acer Chromebook 311 usually uses Chrome operating system, allowing you to access all your chrome applications easily. The operating system has been designed to give ease of use. What you need to do is log in to your Google account and you are good to go.
About the hardware specifications, the Acer Chromebook 311 has an Intel Celeron n4120 processor, which is powerful enough to carry out your daily tasks efficiently. This device comes with a 4GB LPDDR4 memory, which offers fast performance and consumes less power. You can multitask smoothly with this laptop and be extremely productive.
This machine comes with a lithium-ion battery, which provides an average battery life of 10 hours. This is plenty of time to get your work done, as well as play some light online games. This laptop has thick bezels to protect the screen from any damage. The bottom of the laptop is big in size, making it firm and durable. You should consider purchasing this compact-sized laptop for increased productivity and quick access to your files.
Although this laptop is considered the best laptop for students, we have shortlisted more laptops for a better option. Check out the best laptops for engineering students.
3. Asus VivoBook L203MA - Windows laptop Under $300
- Efficient Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) Display with HD webcam
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- 64GB emmC Flash Storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Windows 10 in S mode (upgradeable to Windows 10 Home)
The Asus VivoBook L203MA is a budget laptop capable of performing routine tasks efficiently without lag. This is best for students who want for a powerful machine under $300, which can be very useful when surfing the internet for studying.
This laptop has a sleek design and solid construction to make it durable. The smooth and glossy lid has a white-colored Azus logo located in the center. This laptop has an 11.6-inch display, a decent screen size for a laptop used for day-to-day tasks.
With the Intel Celeron N4000 processor, the Asus VivoBook L203MA offers enhanced performance for everyday web browsing and using MS Office applications. This laptop has 4GB LPDDR4 RAM for fast application processing. The RAM size is enough for playing light games and using photo editing software. This laptop offers 64 GB EMMc flash storage, which is large enough to store your work files and images.
Because of it's small size, it is easy to carry with you. This machine can be rotated up to 180 degrees because of the presence of a solid hinge. It also has a big touchpad and a comfortable keyboard with enough space between the keys for a smooth typing experience. Because of a long battery life of more than 10 hours, you can quickly complete your tasks on time without delays. This machine has all the necessary ports for fast data transfer and is quite affordable.
4. Acer Aspire 1 A114-32-C1YA - Best low-budget notebook 300
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.6GHz)
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit Display
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM Onboard Memory & 64GB eMMC
- Microsoft 365 Personal 1-Year Subscription & Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Up to 6.5 Hours Battery Life
The Acer Aspire 1 has a sleek design that constitutes a textured black color and overall slim construction. The lid of this device has a small Acer logo embedded in its center. It has a 14-inch HD display screen with a high resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The screen has a good level of brightness and offers crisp picture quality, making it one of the best laptops under $300. The large screen makes it great for you to watch movies with your friends as well as getting work done.
It comes with a pre-installed Windows 10, ideal for people who don't want to use the Chrome OS available on Chromebooks. The Acer Aspire 1 has an Intel Celeron N4000 processor and 4GB of RAM, which offers fast processing for basic tasks. It allows you to stream YouTube videos faster without slowdown, considering you do have a relatively good internet connection.
The Acer Aspire 1 usually has an average battery life of 6.5 hours, and if you only use it for browsing and basic tasks, it can stay longer. This laptop has a large keyboard with the keys having a white font. You will be able to enjoy typing because of its hotkeys. The laptop's touchpad is located on the left side of the cover and is decently large for finger gestures.
Because of BlueLightSheild technology used in this laptop, you can protect your eyes from the intense blue light coming from the screen, which can lead to eyestrain. For better connectivity, The Acer Aspire 1 gives several ports except for the USB Type-C port. This machine has a lightweight of 3.6 pounds, so that you can carry it with great ease. This laptop offers better productivity for daily tasks and is worth buying.
5. CHUWI Hero book Pro - 300 Dollar Laptop
Chuwi is a reasonably new laptop brand that has been releasing excellent laptops for all price ranges. The Chuwi Hero book Pro is claimed to be the most affordable laptop that comes with a 14.1-inch display. This machine offers an IPS display that has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. Such a high resolution is not usually present in budget laptops.
This laptop features an incredibly slim design that makes it look quite sleek. The lid has the Chuwi logo on the top left corner, separate from the standard laptop designs. It has a shiny silver paint job on both the lid and the keyboard cover. So overall, it has a sleek and attractive look that you can't take your eyes away.
When it comes to hardware specifications, the Chuwi Hero book Pro features an Intel N4000 Quad-core Gemini Lake processor to handle routine tasks efficiently. It also has an in-built Intel UHD 600 graphics processor, allowing you to enjoy amazing light online gaming graphics. With 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, all your applications will run smoothly without slowdowns.
This machine has an average battery life of 9 hours, which is incredible for a budget laptop. This laptop has a full-size keyboard with larger keys so that you can get the most out of typing. It has Windows 10 Operating System, which most computer users prefer. The Hero book Pro is an ideal laptop for students and office workers who want the efficient performance to perform their routine tasks.
6. ASUS L402YA - ASUS laptops under 300
- Efficient AMD Dual Core e2-7015 Processor with integrated Radeon R2 Graphics for crisp and clear...
- 1-Year Microsoft Office 365 personal subscription included
- Windows 10 in S mode pre-installed. Windows 10 in S mode is the new standard in portable cloud-based...
- 64GB emcee Flash storage and 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC), Bluetooth 4.1, HDMI
Asus always invents powerful and affordable Laptops, which makes it a fantastic laptop brand. This Asus L402YA has an all-black paint job with a thinner lid compared to its cover. It constitutes a 14-inch display screen and a resolution of 1366×768 pixels. The screen size and screen resolution offer a good quality image for streaming videos.
The lightweight of 3.6 pounds of this laptop makes it easy to hold and carry with you. The Asus L402YA has a 1.5 GHz AMD Dual-core E2-7015 processor and a Radeon R2 graphics coprocessor. These two make the laptop extremely efficient and fast for multitasking and running complex applications.
It also has some 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of eMMC flash storage to store your videos and images. This laptop offers multiple ports for efficient data transfer, including the USB Type-C port. The best part about the ASUS L402YA is it doesn't heat up quickly, even if you've been gaming for a few hours.
This Asus L402YA has an average battery life of over 5 hours, which you get on most budget laptops. The battery life is still reasonably sufficient if you use a laptop for light gaming and MS Office. This laptop is best suited for those looking for something less expensive but still offers better performance.
7. Microsoft Surface Go - Best touchscreen laptop under 300
- 10" PixelSense 10-Point Touch Display, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4415Y Dual-Core Processor
- 1800 x 1200 Screen Resolution (216 ppi), 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Storage
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 615, MicroSD Media Card Reader, Lightest Surface yet, starting at just...
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) | Bluetooth 4.1, 8MP Rear Camera | 5MP Front Camera
- USB Type-C | 3.5 mm Headphone Jack, All-day battery life, with up to 9 hours of unplugged power,...
Microsoft Surface Go is an excellent entry-level laptop for people who are on a tight budget. This is an extremely lightweight laptop that weighs only 1.15 pounds. It can be easily converted into a tablet by lifting the magnesium stand. It is a gold color and is easy to carry.
The Microsoft Surface Go has a 10-inch display screen, which may seem relatively minor. Still, it is ideal for people who prefer portability above all else. The screen has a resolution of 1800×1200 pixels and offers sharp images.
It has a dual-core Intel Pentium 4415Y processor, which performs all your daily tasks quickly. It has 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC storage. Although the storage is low, and your laptop usage is limited to surfing the web and watching movies, this storage capacity is quite adequate for storing your files.
Microsoft Surface Go comes with a stylus for use on the touchscreen. This laptop's keyboard has a touchpad, so you don't have to rely on the stylus to control the cursor on the screen. This laptop's average battery life is over 6 hours, which is decent to get all your work done. If you don't have severe use for a laptop other than using office applications, you should go for this laptop.
8. Acer Swift 1 - Acer laptops under 300
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Acer Swift is a thin and light laptop with all the features you need to efficiently get your daily computing work done. This laptop has a silver-colored cover that has an Acer logo in the center. The laptop's cover also has the same silver paint job, while the bezels on the screen have a black color. It has a sleek look and a smooth texture, which leaves no finger marks on it.
The Acer Swift 1 features a large 14-inch display with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The screen offers bright colors and a quality picture when you are streaming Netflix movies on it. The display's slim bezels allow you to have a widescreen for watching TV shows with your friend.
This laptop's performance has an Intel Pentium Silver N5000 processor, which allows you to multitask smoothly and switch between your applications without too much lag. With 4GB RAM, you can effectively perform your basic computing tasks without slowing down the machine and enjoying light gaming. It weighs only 2.9 pounds, so that you can carry it with great ease to your workplace.
The best part about this great device is that it has a fingerprint reader located under the keyboard on the cover's right side. It also adds more security to your system, and you don't have to go through the hassle of knowing a password. The Acer has a long battery life. Its battery can last for over 10 hours, which is very important in a budget laptop.
9. ASUS Chromebook C202 Laptop Computer - Lightweight laptop under $300
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip...
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet so you can...
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 anti-glare display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powered by the Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, upto 2.48 GHz) for fast and snappy...
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 16GB flash storage; No CD or DVD drive; Power adapter: Input: 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz...
This laptop is an excellent laptop for students who need to take it to school for their daily work. This laptop's solid construction makes it durable, and it can survive a few bumps here and there. Despite its sturdy construction, it has a lightweight of 2.65 pounds to carry it to school quickly.
This laptop has an 11.6-inch display screen and a resolution of 1366×768 pixels. It also has a decent screen size for a student or a kid who wants to play games and watch movies. The anti-glare screen avoids causing eye fatigue when you are constantly sitting in front of a laptop.
The Chromebook C202 is equipped with an Intel Celeron N3060 processor and 4 GB RAM. The RAM and the Celeron processor offer fast performance to carry out daily computing tasks effectively. With 16 GB eMMC flash storage, you can store all school-related files and edit them later.
This notebook consists of a solid hinge that holds the keyboard cover and screen. With this hinge, the laptop can be rotated 180 degrees and can sit flat on a table for group visits. The machine also boasts an average battery life of 10 hours, which can last a full day if all you do is surf the web and edit files. The Chrome operating system on this laptop makes it easy for kids to use, and it's an ideal laptop for under $300.
Although this laptop is considered one of the best in this category, if you are a heavy task performer, you should look at the best laptops under $500.
10. Lenovo IdeaPad 320 - Best Laptop 2021 Under 300
- AMD A12-9720P 2.7GHz processor with turbo up to 3.3GHz.
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM expandable to 16GB, 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive.
- 1 USB Type-C, 2 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI, Webcam, DVD-RW Drive, Bluetooth.
- 1366 x 768 15.6-in HD widescreen LED. Winodws 10 64-bit, up to 5 hours battery life.
Lenovo has been making excellent laptops that focus on high quality and enhanced performance. This device is an affordable laptop that offers all the great features you need to improve productivity. This laptop has a slim build and sleek design, making it a very attractive machine. The denim blue paint on the lid and cover makes it look glossy and smooth.
It has a dual-core Intel Celeron N3350 processor and 4GB RAM, making it fast for performing routine tasks and surfing the web. It won't slow down if you open multiple tabs in a chrome browser. This laptop also has an Intel HD graphics 620 processor to enjoy playing light games without any glitches.
The Lenovo Ideapad 320 has a 15.6-inch widescreen display and a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, great for watching high-quality movies. It's display offers the right amount of brightness and vibrant colors for a brilliant viewing experience. The full-size keyboard on this laptop allows you to enjoy typing.
This machine also comes with a 1TB SATA storage that offers an enormous capacity to store all your pictures, videos, and applications. This machine offers an average battery life of 6 hours, which is adequate for getting your tasks done and watching a movie. The Lenovo Ideapad has multiple ports for efficient data transfer. It is a perfect and affordable laptop to have more productivity. Find more Lenovo laptops with our best Laptop search tool.
There you have it, a detailed review of some of the best laptops under $300. The laptops reviewed above have their good features and some bad ones too. But when you are on a budget, you have to make the best choice among the available options.
Our recommendation from the above list is the HP Stream 11, which offers exceptional performance for performing everyday computing tasks and has long battery life.
After reading this article, we hope you are ready to buy an affordable laptop that is best suited for your needs.