Having a large house is great, but how do you get an internet connection that will cover the whole house? When your house is big and wants all the rooms connected to the internet, you need an efficient router. The best router for a large house will facilitate the connection of all the rooms to the internet. Getting a solid internet connection is key, and a good wi-fi router is a solution to this.
The number of available long-range wi-fi routers is rapidly increasing. This increase is mainly due to online gaming and high definition streaming, especially among the youth.
When you want your house to be fully connected, you can choose a good wi-fi router, one that has a high internet speed and a long-range. Mesh wi-fi routers are among the best to keep you connected when you live in a large house. We shall look at some of the best routers to distribute internet within your house.
- Best Efficient Wireless Router for Large House
- Factors to Keep in Mind When Buying a Wireless Router for a Large House
- Frequently Asked Questions About Wireless Routers for a Large House
Best Efficient Wireless Router for Large House
1. TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 wi-fi 5 Router
- Speeds Up To 1.9 Gbps
- More Reliable Coverage
- Connect More Devices
- Parental Controls
TP-Link Archer is a wi-fi 5 router that is very affordable and covers a long-range, hence very suitable for a large home. The wide range coverage is due to the four beam-forming antennas and the high power front-end module.
This router supports dual-band networks, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, as well as 802.11ac, making it a reliable wi-fi signal around your home. Setting it up is made easier with the free TP-Link app compatible with both android and iOS.
This router has another great feature, MU-MIMO, that ensures your connected devices get maximum speed even on a busy network. You can use the four-gigabit ethernet ports to maximize performance by connecting it via a wired connection.
TP-Link Archer has built-in QoS features that ensure real-time traffic, including gaming, streaming, and video calls, are prioritized. Parental controls allow you to filter internet access to specific devices.
2. Linksys Velop AX4200 Smart Mesh wi-fi 6 Router
- Powerful wifi 6 mesh coverage: Designed to deliver gigabit wifi speeds to cover every corner of your...
- Connect more devices than ever before: Covers up to 8,100 sq, ft. and supports up to 120+ devices....
- Powered by intelligent mesh technology: Eliminates dead zones, interference, and dynamically...
- Easy setup and control: Sets up in minutes with the linksys app and be able to manage from afar....
- Smart security: With automatic firmware updates, parental controls, and separate guest access, velop...
Linksys wi-fi 6 Mesh router is a powerful mesh coverage designed to deliver gigabit wi-fi speeds to cover all corners of your large house. It covers up to 8,100sq feet and can support over 120 devices. Sounds like what you've been looking for? Great, because you will love it!
This router sends and receives up to 3.5 times more wi-fi capacity to hand more streaming and gaming. This smart mesh router is powered by mesh technology which eliminates dead zones and interference, leading to a maximum speed.
You can enjoy lag-free gaming and high definition streaming. All you need to set it up is the Linksys app, which makes it easy to manage even when you are not in the same room. This app also enables you to view the device that is using the most wi-fi.
Linksys Smart Mesh wi-fi 6 Router is featured with firmware updates, separate guest access and parental controls, thus providing a secure and updated home network. It is easily expandable by adding nodes if you want it to cover a wider range. All the Velop units are identical; therefore, you can use any of them as the main router.
3. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 wi-fi 6 Gaming Router
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server...
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port...
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home...
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth...
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is a wi-fi six router, a tri-band and a great footprint. The connection is both wireless and wired. It is suitable for a large house as it broadcasts one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands.
The 2.4 GHz can handle up to 1148 Mbps, while each of the 5GHz bands can handle 4804mbps. With this router, you can stream from different devices simultaneously. It is MU-MIMO compatible; it can also connect to four devices in each band and features beam-forming, which helps to maintain fast connections within the range.
This wi-fi six routers has one Ethernet port for your modem, four-gigabit ports for the gaming computer and consoles and a 2.5G fast wired connection. With Asus ROG Rapture, your gaming band stays clean as the tri-band networking lets you dedicate one 5GHz band to gaming. Hence you can avoid competing with other home devices even as your game.
It also unlocks 15 channels in the least congested 5GHz bands. AiMesh is powerful, and you can use a mix of Asus router models.
4. ASUS AX6000 wi-fi 6 Gaming Router
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast...
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same...
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats...
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home...
Asus AX6000 is suitable for multiple household devices and is efficient for long-range connection. Combining OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4 times greater network capacity and efficiency.
The total networking speed is 6000mbs, making it good for streaming and gaming. With eight Gigabit LAN ports, this is the ideal solution if you have many devices, as well as if you want to host a LAN party at home.
RT-AX88U has AirProtection Pro with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to keep your devices and data safe from internet threats. This security offers advanced parental controls.
Another feature is the AiMesh that creates a whole-home wi-fi network. AiMesh is powerful and flexible; you can use a mix of ASUS router model. It also gives you time-saving central control. What could be better than that?
5. Netgear Orbi Tri-band Router and Extender Replacement
- No more dead zones: Whole home mesh WiFi coverage of up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 25+ devices. Mesh...
- Tri-band backhaul: A dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two...
- Works with all internet providers: replace your existing wifi router and extender (separate modem or...
- Wired Ethernet port & fast wireless speed: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and AC3000 WiFi powers up to...
- Parental controls: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for...
If you want to get rid of the regions with weak connection in your house, NETGEAR Orbi is the solution for that. This wireless router covers up to 5,000 sq. ft and over 25 devices.
Mesh technology ensures that you are connected as you roam. You can easily extend the coverage up to 2,500square feet with additional satellites, which are sold separately. Tri-band backhaul ensures you get maximum speed to your devices.
Netgear Orbi router is compatible with all internet providers like DSL, fibre, and satellite, among other providers. It features a wired Ethernet port and fast wireless speed, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and a wireless speed of up to 3Gbps of streaming, internet surfing, and gaming.
With parental control features, you can view site history, pause device internet access, and filter websites for free. You can also set online time limits, schedule device internet at a fee of $4.99 monthly.
BitDefender protects all your devices from malware, virus, and data theft, keeping them secure. It is designed with MU-MIMO, Smart Connect for one wi-fi name and beam-forming technologies; Netgear supports guest wi-fi access, DoS, VPN and Firewall. Setting up and managing wi-fi is easy with the Orbi app.
Factors to Keep in Mind When Buying a Wireless Router for a Large House
If you want wireless routers for a large house, there are some factors you will need to consider. This will enable you to get the best product that suits your needs and preference.
Speed is one major factor that you will need to consider before getting that router. Nobody wants to surf the internet at a low speed, and neither will you. You would like your internet experience to be smooth and fast.
Therefore, if you are planning to buy a long-range router, it is important that you get one with more speed than what you need. Only then will you be able to enjoy browsing and streaming the internet at high speed.
If you need a router for a big house, the range that it covers must occur to you. Considering the size of your house and whether it is a concrete or brick wall, the range will be among the most important things to keep in mind. Long-range routers 1000 feet are more preferred as they offer a wider range of wireless connection.
c). Should be Dual-Band or More
Your wide range router should be at least dual-band. Dual-band wireless wi-fi routers work on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth. When your router is dual-band, you will see two different wireless networks.
Tablets, notepads and computer systems work on 2.4GHz while laptops and phones don't. If you need a wireless connection and you live in a region with many people, consider getting a router that is more than a dual-band for a better connection.
d). Life From the Router
Wireless connection is used for different tasks, including downloading data files, data sharing and video streaming. You may also have multiple devices and connect them all. If you plan to buy a router, you need to consider the life associated with it. If you congest it, its speed will be slower. Therefore, you may need to get a router that will fit your needs.
e). USB Online Connectivity
A USB portal is important as you have numerous things to do with a wi-fi connection. You may need to link them with the routers for a better connection if you have devices like modems, printers, and switches.
f). AC (Actual Rate)
When buying a router for your large house, you may need to consider the AC because routers with low AC may be outdated. To ensure that you are not dealing with outdated technology, buy one with higher AC, for example, AC1900.
g). The Seller
Many people prefer getting their routers from Internet Service Provider because these routers are usually not charged. However, such rooters have poor connectivity and do not provide the required internet speed. It would be better if you considered buying a router from a reliable manufacturer.
The cost of a router will determine whether or not you will buy it. You need to check the cost of that specific router that you want. If you can afford it, then you may consider buying it. However, if it is beyond your budget, you may check other cheaper alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wireless Routers for a Large House
1. Do wi-fi extenders really work?
Wi-fi extenders capture an existing wi-fi signal using one antenna, amplify it and then transmit it using another wi-fi antenna. The best wi-fi range extenders can cover a wide range with a strong signal and efficiently eliminate all dead zones and areas with a weak signal.
2. Does wi-fi go through walls?
Theoretically, wi-fi signals are capable of passing through walls and other obstacles easily. However, some walls are too thick or use reinforced concrete and may block the signals from passing through. The signals can easily penetrate some materials such as plywood, glass, drywall, and other wood.
3. How can I fix my weak w-fi signal?
There are many ways to improve the signal of your wi-fi. Some of those ways include;
- getting a modern router
- don't hide your router
- buy a wi-fi extender
- check for router's updates
- use long-range routers
- kick your neighbours offline
- test the speed