Covid-19 has restricted millions of people to work from home, and thus the need for strong internet connectivity has become quite imperative. If you are working from home, you could be struggling with your connectivity since you share a router with all your family members. And since you don't want to be the one to curtail your child's TV time or their Zoom classes, you can make the right decision to invest in the most powerful router for multiple devices.
The following list contains the best router for multiple devices you can buy this year. The article will also give you some relevant buying tips to ensure you get the best router for all your multiple devices.
- Best Router For Multiple Devices
- Features You Should Understand Before Buying The Best Router for Multiple Devices
- Terms You Should Understand When Buying The Best Wireless Router for Multiple Devices
Best Router For Multiple Devices
1. TP-Link WiFi 6 Router AX1800 Smart Wi-Fi 6 Router (Archer AX20)
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802. 11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater...
- Next-Gen 1. 8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more...
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using...
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable Wi-Fi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses...
TP-Link is a well-known brand, twice now( 2017 & 2019), winning the Highest Customer Satisfaction award from JD Power.
They now have this WIFI router with the latest 802.11ax technology to offer excellent internet strength connectivity. It allows fast data transfer rates of 1.8 Giga bites per second (574 Mbps on 2.4GHz, and 1200 Mbps on 5GHz).
Enhanced with the Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) technology, this Wi-Fi 6 router can communicate more data to multiple devices simultaneously.
The dual band router is ideal for 4K streaming, gaming, and more as the Wi-Fi 6 technology, which is the latest upgrade, allows faster streaming without internet lags and a higher internet capacity to users in a large 2500 square foot area.
It is equipped with a powerful 1.5 GHz quad core processor to offer internet bandwidths for all connected devices effortlessly. It has beamforming and 4 antennas to enhance better coverage by focusing signal strength to connected devices. It also features the Target Wake Time (TWT) technology that communicates with your devices to negotiate how often they will wake up to start data correspondence. This feature enables all your devices to save battery.
A router that is fully compatible with all types of Wi-Fi-enabled devices, its set up is very easy to understand, and setting up won't take you any more than 5 minutes.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router (R7800)
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up...
- Recommended for up to 45 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect...
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired...
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas,...
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal...
If you want a powerful router for high-speed heavy streaming on multiple devices, this Netgear Nighthawk R7800 smart Wi-Fi router is a great option. Providing Wi-Fi network coverage in a 2,500 sq. ft. area, you are bound to enjoy internet data streams of up to 2600 Mbps from its dual-frequency band class.
You can use this router with 45 devices handling different tasks such as gaming, 4k video streaming, internet surfing, video calls, etc. When you want even faster connectivity, you can plug in your device to one of the 4 Gigabit ports for better wired internet. This router boasts 2 USB ports that allow you to plug two external devices and use them simultaneously, e.g., a flash drive and printer.
You can also filter websites or applications using the router's parental controls, so your children are surfing safely. You also don't need to fret about your safety as this router supports WPA and WPA2 security protocols.
The router is designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor and 4 antennas, beamforming, Amazon's Alexa voice controls, and Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). It also has Multi User-Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) technology that uses several antennas to send and receive spatial streams to enhance performance. It also supports features for Guest Wi-Fi access and VPN, among others.
3. TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wireless Router (Archer A7)
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and...
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz),...
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a...
You need this TP-Link Archer 7 if you work from home and don't want to interfere with the connectivity of other family members. It won the award for Highest Customer Satisfaction from JD Power in 2017 and 2019.
It comes with 4 wireless types; 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11ac, and 802.11g. It also offers two types of bandwidths of 2.4GHz to support internet speeds of up to 450 Mbps and 5GHz that can support speeds of up to 1300 Mbps, so you are sure to enjoy streaming 4K videos without buffering.
You don't need to worry about internet interference when you have multiple devices running, for instance, if there is a gamer who needs strong internet connectivity and if you also have someone streaming from platforms like Netflix. With this dual band router, you have powerful 3* faster AC1750 internet speeds for more powerful devices.
It also features a USB port, meaning you can connect a flash drive to share with the whole network or connect a printer to make important work documents.
This TP-Link router, with the 4 Gigabit Lan ports and compatibility with Alexa, enables fast access to multiple devices. One of the strongest routers available, it has the power to support over 50 devices concentrated in a 2,500 sq. ft. area.
If you are a parent, this Wi-Fi router allows you to set parental controls so you can control your children's online activities. It also comes with WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, and WEP security protocols for safe internet usage.
4. D-Link Wi-Fi AC2600 MU-MIMO Dual Band Gigabit Router
- AC2600 Dual band router: Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz plus 1733 Mbps...
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams...
- Dual Core Processor: The dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network...
- Multi user MIMO technology: Significantly improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
- Advanced Smart Beam: Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout...
If you buy this D-Link wireless router, you are sure to work and get entertained without any worries. It offers incredible speeds of up to 2600 Mbps to support dozens of connected devices simultaneously.
It comes with a dual core processor and 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, and 1 Ethernet WAN port. You will have all connectivity options so you can game, stream 4k videos, and attend your Zoom meetings with no internet downtime.
This router comes with MU-MIMO, QoS, and Band Steering features to improve Wi-Fi speeds regardless of the number of connected devices. It has 2 USB ports, so you can remotely improve data transmission for external storage devices.
You will not need to worry about your safety as this Wi-Fi router features WPA and WPA2 security encryption to keep your network protected. It also features an intuitive interface, and setting up is very easy.
5. ASUS AC1300 Wi-Fi Dual Band Router (RT-ACRH13)
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices...
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router...
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface, Super Fast Wi Fi: Dual band 802.11ac...
- Integrated USB 3.0 port allows you to share external drives/flash drives with your network; OS...
This Asus multiple device router is equipped with the latest MU-MIMO technology to offer total internet speeds of 1300 Mbps. The 4 5dBi antennas improve the Wi-Fi range to over 3000 sq. ft. and more than 20 802.11ac compatible devices.
This Asus router is also compatible with Amazon's Alexa, and t is also easy to control from the Asus Router app you can download on your smartphone. It is equipped with parental controls so you can monitor your young ones' activities online. It is also encrypted with WPA/WPA2 security protocols to keep cyber threats at bay.
It is integrated with a USB port and 4 Gigabit Lan ports to give you extra wired internet options. Setting up the router for use is a breeze as well.
Features You Should Understand Before Buying The Best Router for Multiple Devices
Wi-Fi routers can be complicated gadgets when you don't understand their features. They have become essential gadgets to own in this century and with the current internet requirements in almost every aspect of life.
If you are in the market for a new wireless router for multiple device use but don't know how to pick the best, consider the following features as necessary for any router with a price tag.
1. Strong Wi-Fi bandwidth
Nowadays, the best Wi-Fi routers have at least 2 radio bands; 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. This means that a router offers internet speeds at two different frequencies, which is an ideal feature to prevent downtimes.
At the lowest 2.4GHz band frequency, your router will offer substantial internet surfing speeds but not carrying out internet-demanding activities such as streaming on multiple devices simultaneously or gaming. At this frequency, the router is getting all sorts of interference from other gadgets such as Bluetooth devices and microwave ovens as these operate on the same frequency.
On the other hand, 5GHz bands are much stronger and offer a higher frequency. If you need a router that has enough power to penetrate walls and different structures, the 5GHz bands are a must to have as a feature. This frequency is ideal for big tasks such as professional gaming and streaming 4K videos from platforms such as Netflix or Hulu.
2. Strong Wireless Protocols
Most wireless routers use 802.11 protocols to transmit and receive data. If you want the best wireless routers for multiple devices, they should at least use the 802.11ac protocol. This will be a wireless router that can allow up to 5400Mbps internet speeds and that can utilize Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology to enhance performance.
If you know you require high file transfer speeds for your work, you should buy a router with several ethernet ports so that you can directly plug in some of your devices for faster connectivity.
Most WiFi routers have at least 4 ethernet ports of 10, 100. and 1000 Gigabits. Alternatively, if you need to work on large files, your goal when buying a router should be enough throughput, making it vital that you get one that supports link aggregation. Link aggregation uses 2 Gigabit ports to increase throughput performance.
Terms You Should Understand When Buying The Best Wireless Router for Multiple Devices
a). Wireless Standards
These are Wi-Fi technologies used by routers to send and receive data. The term wireless standard was formed in 1997 when a group of engineers created the first wireless standard, also known as the WLAN standard. These standards are named after 802.11, which was the name of this 1997 engineering group. The latest WLAN standard is the 802.11ax approved in 2019.
It means Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output, a technology that enables a router to exchange data with multiple devices simultaneously without affecting strength or speed.
The technology allows you to send Wi-Fi signals to a specific device without broadcasting in all directions.
d). Band Steering
Automatic band steering allows your router to switch between radio bands depending on which is stronger or available. For instance, the router may change the frequency from 2.4 to 5GHz if there are interfering frequencies from other wireless devices.
e). Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)
It is a technology that improves throughput by breaking a Wi-Fi signal into sub signals to share with as many users as possible.
f). Target Wake Time
It is a technology that allows your router to negotiate data exchange times with all connected devices.