Gone are the days that you had to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars for a good smart watch. Today you can get a great smartwatch that has all the basic functions at a fraction of the money you'd spend if you want after the big dogs in smartwatches like the Apple Watch. Let's look at some fantastic options for the best smartwatch under 100.
We've selected some great options that are compatible with iOS and Android and work across various devices. Some of the features you'll enjoy with these smartwatches under 100 include water-resistant qualities, calorie tracking, and 24/7 heart rate monitoring. Let's begin.
- 1. VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch DX2
- 2. Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smart Watch
- 3. Letsfit Smart Watch
- 4. Amazfit Bip Smartwatch
- 5. Pebble Time Smartwatch
- Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Smartwatch Under 100
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch DX2
- Stylish, kid-friendly design; secure, splash proof wristband is perfectly sized for kids’ wrists
- Take quality videos, pictures and selfies, customize them with funny filters and make them into...
- Monster Detector game creates an AR experience where you capture monsters in the real world; motion...
- Parents can safely share photos and videos at their discretion only by uploading them to a computer;...
- Intended for ages 4+ years; battery included; only charge device using the Micro-USB cable connected...
If you are a youngster or are looking for a cheap smartwatch for a youngster, this is the smartwatch under 100 for you. This best smartwatch under 100 has a user-friendly and fun design that attracts young people and ladies and gentlemen. Nonetheless, as the name suggests, our first cheap smartwatch is designed for kids up to the age of 12 years. You or your child can choose from 50 plus customizable watch faces available.
This cheap smartwatch comes with a pedometer, a motion sensor, and the ability to upload photos and videos. You can easily take photos and videos with this smartwatch under 100 as it comes equipped with two cameras. No need to worry about your kid having the smartwatch in the rain as it has a splash-proof feature.
Another cool feature that will blow your kid's socks off is the fantastic Monster Catcher Game that comes with this smartwatch under 100. But, it also comes with parental control that allows you to limit the amount of time your child plays games. This watch feature also allows you to be aware of your child's activities.
2. Fitbit Versa Lite Edition Smart Watch
- Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages all with a 4 plus day battery life...
- Use 15 plus exercise modes to record workouts and connect to Smartphone GPS for more precise real...
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and get called, calendar, text, and app alerts....
- Get call, text, calendar and smartphone app notifications when your phone is nearby. Plus send quick...
- Enjoy a slim, comfortable design with a lightweight, anodized aluminum watch body that is swim proof...
Fitbit smartwatches are popular in the smartwatch market and are well trusted by many users. The company produces other wearable devices that track your sleep, activity, heart rate, and other data. Based in San Francisco, this best smartwatch company has over 12 years of experience, and this shows in their smartwatch and fitness tracker.
Determined to enable you to live your best healthy life, this smartwatch company has created this Versa Lite smartwatch with core fitness and smart features. Some of these features include heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, and activity tracking. You'll also get to enjoy the 4+ day battery life, smartphone notifications, apps that come with this smartwatch under 100. The easy one-button design makes this affordable smartwatch a great choice.
This wrist device includes all the features found in the Lite Edition. Other features include on-screen workouts, music, swim lap tracking, and floors climbed tracking.
3. Letsfit Smart Watch
- Overtake your expectations: featuring a 1. 3-Inch large touch screen that allows you to understand...
- Protect & monitor your health: Our Letsfit activity watch includes a bunch of new features,...
- Affordable & Functional: Like most traditional health trackers, Lestfit Smart Tracker can monitor...
- Call & message notifications: Receive and read SMS messages and SNS notifications straight to your...
- Smart Watch compatibility："VeryFitPro" requires Android OS 4. 0 or iOS 8. 0 and above or Bluetooth...
Just like our quality waterproof watch above, this smartwatch gives you notifications from your smartphone and tracks your sleep. If your main plan is to use your smartwatch under 100 to track your sleep, this is the perfect smartwatch for you. Its sleep tracker is unmatched.
Although these smartwatches under 100 only give you four faces to choose from, you get to enjoy eight different workout types. These include climbing, hike, yoga, walk, bike, run, treadmill, and spin bike. You can also automatically sync your fitness data with Apple Health. It's like having an Apple watch but at a much lower price.
The battery on these best smartwatches under 100 lasts for up to 10 days with continuous use. However, if you want to prolong this period, you can keep these best smartwatches under 100 in standby mode. This guarantees you up to 30 days of charge. One downside is that you have to carry your smartphone with you for GPS tracking as these best smartwatches don't have onboard GPS.
4. Amazfit Bip Smartwatch
- Get emails, text messages, calls and other app/Messaging notifications right on your wrist
- Accurately track your daily steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, heart rate and sleep...
- Enjoy an industry-leading 30+ days of battery life on a single charge (varies with use & other...
- Access real-time run, walk and cycling stats like time, distance and pace as well as routes and...
- Optimal for everyday wear, sports and sleep tracking as it only weighs 1.1 ounces (31 grams) and is...
Amazfit Bip Smart watch is a stylish touchscreen smart watch that features a longer battery life, notifications, built-in GPS, heart-rate monitor, and GLONASS that gives you accurate workout tracking. Although you'll find that many cheap heart-rate tracking devices are often unreliable, this Amazfit Bip smart watch brings you the most accurate heart-rate tracking system you'll find in the market.
The battery life on this Amazfit Bip smart watch is no joke. Amazfit allows you to enjoy the features such as fitness tracking, built-in GPS, and heart-rate monitoring for over two weeks without your battery going below 50%. If you don't actively use the smart features, the battery life can last up to 45 days.
You also get to enjoy receiving emails, text messages, calls, and other app notifications on the Amazfit Bip watch display. Although the 1.28-inch, 176 x 176-pixel color screen isn't as impressive as other smartwatches under 100 on this list, you can still enjoy using this smart watch as an activity tracker and typical watch. Another downside is that this Amazfit Bip smart watch lacks an app store which means it can't compare to other big players like the Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, Apple Watch, or Wear OS smartwatches like LG Wear OS and Fossil Wear OS.
5. Pebble Time Smartwatch
- Notifications at a glance: calendar events, text and emails, incoming calls, and more.
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly...
- Water resistant to 30 meters
- Built-In microphone for voice notes and quick replies
If you are familiar with the smartwatch market, you've probably heard of Pebble. This smart watch brand has the best fitness tracking systems in this budget range. This Pebble Time Smartwatch is one of the best fitness tracking smartwatches under 100 in the market. Although it doesn't have some other sophisticated features that come with other Wear OS companies, Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, or the Apple Watch, you can be sure to get great value for your money.
This smartwatch is preprogrammed to give you notifications such as texts, calls, emails, phone calls, and music control. The built-in fitness tracker allows you to track your daily activities and has a great style that goes with everything. The elegant style of these smartwatches means that you can confidently walk through your day feeling cool and sophisticated as if you had a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch or Apple Watch.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Smartwatch Under 100
All smart watches have some basic features, such as a step tracker and a heart-rate sensor. However, if you want more from your smart watch, get a device that extra features such as sleep tracking, an activity tracker to track you throughout the day, Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in GPS, notifications, music control, apps, and other health-tracking features.
An auto-brightness sensor and multiple faces are other features that you can look for. If fitness is important to you, choose a health feature model like our 5th option above.
2. App Selections
You'll find that some smart watches have hundreds and thousands of apps on them. For example, our last pick above has over 8,000 apps to choose from. Although not many smartwatches under 100 can feature over 20,000 apps like the Apple Watch, you can still enjoy the basic apps like Uber and other music apps.
You may not get ESPN, Rosetta Stone, or even MapMyRun with some of our models, but you are sure to get many amazing apps. Depending on your preferences and lifestyle, choose a cheap smartwatch that has all the apps you need.
3. Accurate Tracking Results
At this price range, getting a cheap smartwatch that gives you accurate results is possible. Accurate results from features like blood oxygen tracking, heart-rate monitoring, and other fitness-related features are a necessity. There's no point in having a device that doesn't give you accurate results regarding your health.
Therefore, as you choose the right smart watch for you, ensure that the reviews online show that other wrist device users are getting accurate results. We've selected devices that give accurate results. Therefore, you don't have to worry about that.
4. Battery Life
In addition to being waterproof, another feature you want your smart watch to have is its long battery life. We've looked at some impressive smart watches that have 30-day battery life. The more juice you can get from your smartwatch in a single charge, the better for you.
However, note that the more features you use, the more charge is used up. Therefore, if you want the basic features, you can opt for long battery life with the basic features. Nonetheless, you can also choose a device with qualities like a heart rate monitor, activity tracking system, and sports modes system, but still has good battery life.
5. Build Quality
A good quality budget model should have a solid build quality. You don't want to hold your watch, and it feels like a cheap product. Look for a model that has hard plastic or a sturdy metal frame and dial.
Going for a model that has minimal bezels is also a good idea. This ensures that it looks good whether it has a digital or analog watch face later. An AMOLED display panel is also a good idea, and getting a device with interchangeable straps will give you more options.
6. OS and Phone Compatibility
Device compatibility is a crucial aspect because you want to connect it to your mobile phone, no matter if it iOS or Android. All of our options above work well with your phone, and you can choose the one you want based on the OS you have, whether it's iOS or Android.
7. OLED vs. LCD Display
You'll find that most devices use a colorful LCD screen or an AMOLED display. This water resistance and high-quality screen allow you to view apps, photos, and other content in a quality display. However, this may affect your battery life and make it shorter. But, you can enjoy this experience for several days.
The crispier the OLED display, the pricier the device. An advantage of an LCD is that it allows for a smaller design. A fun fact is that Samsung created the first OLED smartwatch.
8. Touchscreen vs. Touchless
Although it seems like a no-brainer, it can be hard to choose items on a smaller touch display. Besides, some of the gesture-based interfaces are not intuitive. Therefore, you can opt for a wrist model with both touchscreen and touchless controls for a balanced experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What should I know before buying a smartwatch?
Choose a smartwatch based on your lifestyle and priorities. For example, if you care about your sleep quality, go for a watch with sleep monitoring. If you are a fitness buff, go for one with a GPS and heart-rate sensor.
Another aspect to pay attention to is the battery life. Choose one where you don't have to charge every other day. Note that hybrid smartwatches that resemble analog timepieces usually have the longest battery life. However, they don't have touchscreens.
2. Do you need a SIM card for a smartwatch?
Most smartwatches in the market don't need a SIM card. This is because they connect directly to your smartphone. They can do this via Bluetooth or using the mobile network. This depends on the design of your device.
Nonetheless, if you are a parent and want to give your child a watch that supports GPS so that you can use it as a location tracker, you'll need to get a SIM card for their watch.
3. What SIM card can I put in my smart watch?
Nano. A Nano SIM card is the most common sized SIM card for smartwatches in the market. Nonetheless, you'll find that as technology continues to evolve and smartwatches continue to get smarter, you may need to use the Micro size for your smartwatch.